Biomechanics, Alignment and Movement w/ Katy Bowman

Season #3

This week we have a very special guest on the show, someone who has been a major influence on my perspective and my approach to movement personally and has really inspired a lot of the philosophy and practices that we promote here at TFC.

Katy Bowman is a Biomechanist and is the bestselling author of 9 books, including Move Your DNA, Whole-Body Barefoot, Grow Wild,  and her latest book Rethink Your Position which is actually due to launch tomorrow, Thursday 11th May. You can learn more about Katy's new book here.

Katy has been a leading voice in the movement movement for over a decade and has pioneered the concept of Nutritious Movement, which is the name of her education company and is just frankly an amazing analogy to help us frame how movement affects all aspects of our health on a deep level.

In fact one of our first episodes on this podcast was actually a whole episode dedicated to exploring the concept of movement nutrition and obviously draws on Katy’s work heavily, and so that podcast would pair very well with this one - so if you’re keen to check that out first or straight after, it is all the way down in Season 1 Episode 3.

But throughout this episode, we discuss the broader concept of biomechanics, we delve into the difference between posture and alignment and explore how the way we move can influence how we feel and contribute to our experience of pain and injury.

We also delve into some key topics from Katy’s new book to help you build more awareness around your own alignment, movement and mindset. There’s obviously a huge amount that we didn’t get to cover, as the book goes into a really impressive amount of detail while still being really accessible to read and having read it back to front myself I can very honestly highly recommend it.

So I really enjoyed this conversation with Katy, I got a lot out of it myself and I know you will too - if you do find value in it, please let us know by leaving us a review on your podcast app and help us spread the message by sharing it out with family and friends.

TFC Helpful Links:

Free Training

Explorer Membership

Free Ebook (The Guide To Foot Freedom)

Shop TFC tools and training (Use the code R2E10 to save 10%)

Become A TFC Athlete

TFC Pro Directory

Natural Footwear Finder 

Fountain - Earn money while you listen to our podcast

Follow us:

Music:

Dream Chaser - Lunareh

Written By - Wiriyapa Chansuwong

Performed & Produced By - Lunareh